Bumpdate: Week 17

Knock on wood, but I haven't felt nauseaus in nine whole days!  I don't want to jinx it, but perhaps it's safe to say the "morning" sickness is finally a thing of the past?!  I'm still getting headaches quite frequently, which I can only assume are hormonal related, but who knows!

Now that we know Baby is a boy, we have started talking names. We have a fave (and have since right after Brantley was born). But it begins with a B. A BR, nonetheless. The hubs refuses to name our kids by the same letter (he thinks it's corny), even though I've always wanted to do so and think it's super cute. So I have five months to convince him otherwise. :) If and when he doesn't budge, we have a couple other {non-B} names that we agree on and will continue scouring lists for the perfect name until Baby is born. I will say, we're going for something similar to the name Brantley...modern and uncommon, but also not weird. 


How Far Along: 17 weeks

Size of Baby: ~5 inches, about 5 ounces; the size of a turnip

Gender: It's a BOY!!!!!!!!!!! 

Weight Gain: Still only 6 pounds.

Food Cravings: No major cravings.

Food Aversions: No aversions either.

Movement: Not a ton, but definitely feel the wiggles.  Mostly when I lay very still, especially late at night when I go to bed.

Sleep: Great!  And still on my belly!

Clothing: Pants are getting tighter, but still fit sans Bella Band.

Other Pregnancy Symptoms: Headaches.  And hungry often.  Otherwise, I really don't feel pregnant most of the time.

What I Miss: Does this ever change??  I could really go for a frosty pint of left hand milk stout.

Best Moment: Finding out, spur of the moment, that it's a BOY!  Our doctor is the best!

Looking Forward To: Gosh, now that we know the sex, I'm not sure what the next big milestone is I should be looking forward to?  No, really, I'm still looking forward to our 19-week ultrasound.  We only saw our little guy for about 30 seconds while she checked his parts, so it will be nice to see him for a good 45 minutes while they check everything else. 



No comments:

Post a Comment