Brantley Carter: 10 Months Old!

Today marks your big 10-month birthday.  Also known as the day you took your first tumble over the arm of the chair.  It happened during your photo shoot.  These darn photo shoots get harder and harder each month, I tell ya!  Especially with a baby as active as you!  But I can't give up now, with just two months remaining until your first birthday.  (You were fine, by the way, after your somersault.  A little scared, but Mommy came to the rescue and caught you mid-air.)

This is why you fell...you crazy, fearless kid!
People say "you're all boy".  I think it has something to do with the fact that you never stop going.  I repeat, you.never.stop.going.  You're like the energizer bunny.  Or a honey badger, as Daddy says.  You don't care what's in your way...when you want something, you get it.  And you couldn't care less about what you have to crawl over, under, through all of the above to get it. 

You are ornery, too.  Like the other day when Daddy told you "no" when you were pushing on the window screen.  You moved away, but then slyly snuck your hand back on it, and pulled it away super fast when you heard Daddy's voice again.  Hilarious.  I have a feeling the orneriness will only get worse.



You seem to be learning what the word 'no' means and just today, for the first time, seemed to get your feelings hurt when I spoke sternly to you.  You still don't have much stranger danger and seem to enjoy being the center of attention.  I swear, you even show off at times.  Gramma and Papa Fritz were here over the weekend.  I gave you an avocado/pear popsicle.  You put the wrong end in your mouth, and when we laughed and laughed at you, you continued to do the same thing.  You thought it was the funniest thing.  Such a funny personality you have!

This is what happened when I told you no


Speaking of, it doesn't take much for you to laugh nowadays.  Maybe not the belly laughs like we heard on this video, but you've got your own silly, squeal-like laugh.  Ditto with smiling.  You smile constantly, and your daddy and I think it's the most handsome smile we've ever seen.

Though I wouldn't ever trade these days for the newborn days (this stage beats all, so far!), I do miss my snuggly, little baby.  It's rare that you want to snuggle or lay your head on my shoulder.  I'm seriously not kidding when I say you go, go go.  It's tiring chasing you around all day, but I wouldn't trade it for anything!

Two months until your first birthday.  They will be the quickest two months, too.  I'm just sure of it!  I have 13 days remaining of my school year and then it's Mommy/Brantley time for 2 1/2 months!  Did I mention that I can't wait?!?!









10-Month Update

Size - At your 9-month appointment a few days after your 9-month birthday, you were 20 pounds and 6 ounces officially. So maybe 21 pounds?  I was too lazy to weigh you.  Sorry.

Words - No new words to report.  Lots of "ba-bas" lately and even a "da-da" or two, though I don't think either word is in reference to anything specific (sorry Daddy).  You still know what the words 'fan' and 'doggy' mean, as well as the word 'light'.

Activity - You recently started climbing stairs.  Like entire flights.  It's so crazy!  You have also stood unassisted for a few brief seconds multiple times.  That just started within the last few days.  You are a speed crawler and really show no signs of walking - yet.  However, you will push your walker toys and "walk" around the ottoman while holding onto it.  I think you've also recently realized that you're the baby you see in mirrors (or on my phone screen when taking a picture).  It's so cute to see you look at me, then my reflection, then me, then my reflection.  It's like the whole world is beginning to make sense. :)


Food - Three bottles per day, pretty consistently, but the amounts vary.  You almost always drink 8 ounces each morning, immediately after waking up.  Then another bottle in the afternoon and another before bed - those are typically between 4 and 6 ounces each.  It's rare that you drink a full 8 ounces except in your morning bottle.  Fine by me because formula is expensive!  You are eating three full meals per day - mostly pureed fruits and veggies, rice, oatmeal, pureed meat, or a combination thereof - and multiple snacks as well (puffs, Mum Mums, Cheerios, goldfish, graham crackers, Gerber cookies, among others).  Miss Stephanie feeds you a multitude of table food (pretty much whatever the other kids eat), but I'm not sure of the specifics!

Sleep - Around 10 hours per night plus two naps ranging from 45 minutes to 2.5 hours (in your crib) per day.  We don't really follow a "schedule", but put you down for a nap whenever you act tired.  You are a champ at falling asleep, even for your naps nowadays.  Maybe a little fussing, but you soothe yourself to sleep (most often without a paci) within a few minutes. 

Bedtime/Waketime - Bedtime is anywhere between 7:30 and 9, after your last bottle.  Wake time is still between 6:00 and 7:00, typically.

Hair - Very blond.  And growing.  You have lots in the back...more than it appears because it's so blond.  Still little on top, but more than it looks!

Eyes - Dark blue

Teeth - Two on the bottom and now two on top!  Miss Stephanie thinks you have a third coming in on top, but I have yet to see it.  This is the first month your teeth have seemed to bother you.  Tylenol has been our friend this month. :)

Tried to get your top teeth

Likes - Eating, Kinnick, bathtime, hanging upside down, taking all of your diapers out of the diaper caddy, ceiling fans, Kinnick's dog bowl, the dog bowl placemat, books (Yummy Yucky), your motorcycle, air vents, most things in the kitchen, Mommy, Daddy, bottles, stroller rides, and exploring the world around you.


Dislikes - Waking up from naps, being hungry, being tired, medicine (Tylenol, antibiotics, you hate it all).

Wardrobe - Pretty true to size - mostly 9-18 months.  Size 2 shoes.

Diapers - Size 3

Mommy's Fave - I'm not gonna lie.  I love it when you are upset or fussy and you crawl to me for comfort. 




And one final photo to commemorate you double digit monthly birthday.  It's rough being a 10-month old...


No comments:

Post a Comment