My Favorite Things: App Edition

So I wasn't able to watch the Iowa game on my iPhone afterall.  Too many cell phones and I couldn't get a connection.  Boo.  Luckily, I didn't miss much.  And, turns out, it stings less (the loss, I mean) when you don't watch.

Anyway, I still love technology.  Jana's recent post on her fave iPhone apps made me want to do the same!  Afterall, she passed along some great recommendations (the Hobby Lobby app, for instance) and I hope to pass along some of my faves to you!  Bonus - the majority are all FREE!  (Rarely do I ever pay for an app.)

Remote - My super awesome hubs has the coolest set-up at our house.  We have speakers in our garage and on our deck and we can play our iTunes wirelessly through them.  This app allows us to change the song, volume, etc. through it!  So we can be enjoying dinner on our deck or a fire in our driveway and control the music on our iPhone and iPad.  Pretty sweet.  Well done, hubby!


Shazam - Do you ever hear a song on the radio and want to know who sings it?  If so, this app is for you!  I use this all the time to learn the name of a song or just to remind myself to download the song later.

Instagram - Two of my loves - social networking and photos - combined into one!  This app takes really cool, vintage-looking photos and shares them with your followers.  (Side note: I almost gave away Brantley's name in early summer because I wasn't aware that the app shared everything!)  Last week, I discovered this website where you can turn your Instagrams into magnets!  I'll definitely be ordering some of those to take back to work with me next month!  Follow me on Instagram at sarahbsides, or just check out my Instagram photos in the gadget to the right -------------->


Key Ring - Possibly my most favorite, most convenient app!  I think I may have even blogged about it before.  You know all those annoying scan cards you get from practically every store these days?  Hen House, CVS, Lowes, Michaels, Panera, etc.  Well, this app stores them all on your phone so you don't have to attach each and every one to your keychain.  Genius!  I. Love. It.  The only downfall?  Not all stores' scanners will scan them properly, but the cashier can always type in your barcode number.  Additionally, some stores include coupons on theirs.  I almost always get 40% off at Michaels because of this app!


Pinterest/Facebook - Duh.  No explanation here.  My two most-used apps.


Baby Connect - I already described this app in my Favorite Things: Baby Edition post.  To sum it up, it records all things baby-related because mommies (and daddies) know it's hard to remember every little poop, pee, and feed when you have a little one.  I did pay $5 for this app...but it was worth every penny.



Flashlight - Nothing special about this app, but it's very practical.  Just a flashlight.  And a bright one, at that.


Front Flip - Ever seen a Flip sign at one of your favorite restaurants?  Well, with this app, you can scan the QR code and often get coupons on food and drinks.  Who doesn't love discounts on stuff you're already planning to buy??

ESPN ScoreCenter - My favorite part of this app?  You can add your favorite teams and get notifications anytime one of their games begins, ends, at halftime, or even every time your team scores. 

Sitter Seal - My newest favorite app.  Correction - Branley's newest favorite app.  This app includes whitenoise for babies.  Brantley's faves?  The hairdryer and vacuum.  In fact, last night he was listening and I tried to take my phone three times and he started crying! 



And of course, who doesn't love a fun game or two or three?  I get bored easily (and quickly), so I doubt I play these three forever.  (Remember Words with Friends?  Yeah, that only lasted a month or two.)  But here are my current game obsessions:

Dice with Buddies - Aka Yahtzee by a different name.


Song Pop - Sort of like "Name that Tune"!



Draw Something - A Pictionary-ish type game.



The fun part of these games is that you play against friends, but on your own time.  So a game can last an hour, a day, a week, or even a month, whatever works for you!

So there you have it!  My favorite iPhone apps.  Now it's your turn!  What are you faves?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment