34 Weeks: This Baby {Bump} is Growing!

This week is special for a number of reasons.

One, it's officially summer.  I am DONE with school.  My summer plans?  Have a baby!

Two, my sister's baby is here.  Which means one thing...I'm up next!

And three, I am 34 weeks pregnant with six weeks to go.  I was born six week early, which means, really, baby could come anytime!

We accomplished two things on "the list" - I made a pre-natal appointment with a pediatrician and we bought some registry leftovers.  The big item - a high chair.  The rest of our purchases were just small items that quickly added up!  Thank goodness for coupons...I think we saved $90!  We had a busy weekend and rescheduled maternity photos for this weekend instead.  My friend Jamie is taking them and I am excited!  She will do a fantastic job!  I'm not worried about the rest of the list.  My days are pretty free now!

1) Wash all baby clothes.
2) Find a pediatrician. 
3) Get car seat installed.
4) Buy registry leftovers.
5) Order new tubes/supplies for breast pump.
6) Get some maternity photos taken--on the agenda for this weekend! :)
7) Decide on a newborn photo outfit...and maybe order a cute hat from Etsy.

In other news, we had a regular appointment last Thursday and things seem great!  I have now gained 20 pounds and I'm very happy with that!  We have another level 2 ultrasound next Monday to check on fluid levels one final time.  Please keep us in your thoughts and pray that the fluid level in Baby's brain has not increased!
How Far Along: 34 Weeks

Size of Baby:
A butternut squash (~17.2 to 18.7 inches, 4.2 to 5.8 pounds)

What's Happening (according to thebump.com):
Baby Sides' might begin to descend into my pelvis soon and is also peeing about a pint a day.  Weird!

Cravings:
Nothing specific!

Movement:
Same as last week.  My stomach ripples on the outside at times as he is squirming around in there!

Sleep:
I have not been sleeping quite as well lately.  It's getting harder and harder to find a comfortable sleeping position...especially when your dog thinks he has to lay on top of you.

Clothing:
Ahhhh comfy shorts and tank tops.  Love it!

Other Pregnancy Symptoms:
Swelling here and there.  Braxton Hicks here and there.  Acid reflux here and there.  But overall, still feeling pretty great!

Here's my 34-week baby bump!  I don't look the greatest...this was after a day at the pool...but the tight shirt sure does emphasize my bump!



2 comments:

  1. Just wanted to let you know that I love reading your updates and I'm glad that you keep doing it- although I suspect they'll be a little less frequent once the baby arrives and takes over your life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Hal! I'm sure the updates will become less frequent, as well, but I think it's fun to document our lives!

    ReplyDelete