32 Weeks: And Then There Was Swelling...

Yep, it happened.  My feet finally started to swell.  They aren't bad now, but were pretty swollen over the weekend after our 4 1/2 hour drive to Iowa.  The hubs got a lot of entertainment out of poking on them and watching my skin not immediately bounce back.  He kept saying they were like memory foam.  Make fun all you want, but swollen feet mean foot rubs whenever I request them! :)

We started childbirth classes last night.  They are through our hospital and will continue every week for five weeks.  Most of the class focuses on the childbirth process, but we also get to tour the maternity ward, learn what to do with the babe once we bring him home from the hospital, and the hubs gets to wear the empathy belly!  There will be pics of that, no worries!  Last night, we talked a lot about the stages of labor and when to go to the hospital...moral of the night, wait as long as possible!  I also learned how inappropriate my husband can be.  In his eyes, humor helps in awkward situations.  In mine, it's just plain embarassing.  I love him nonetheless, and I'm glad he makes me laugh.  I'm not sure if class #1 made me feel better or more nervous about labor and delivery.  I think probably the latter.  I'm such a wimp and honestly not sure how I'll do it.  Time will tell and I have about 8 weeks to think about it...

How Far Along: 32 Weeks

Size of Baby: A squash (still the same measurements as last week according to thebump.com...can't possibly be correct)

What's Happening (according to thebump.com):
Baby Sides is getting ready for his descent.  That's all the bump says...ummm okay!

Cravings:
Nothing

Movement:
The little guy is very active still and moves multiple times per day.  I love feeling him in there, but not gonna lie, at times it hurts!!  My right-side ribs hurt constantly and I feel as if they're bruised.  The feeling-a-body-part-through-my-skin-thing is now a common occurance and still weirds me out a little.  My mom was able to feel one of his parts over the weekend and I think she loved it!

Sleep:
Sleep is getting less and less comfortable, but I'm still managing just fine. 

Clothing:
Same.  P.S. I love maternity clothes!

Other Pregnancy Symptoms:
Nothing new, except the swollen feet. 
Here's my 32-week baby bump!  I can almost feel myself growing!!  I think I've doubled in size over the last few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment