31 Weeks: Single Digits To Go!

Wow--are there really only 9 weeks left?!  Perhaps even fewer if I go early like my mom did with both my sister and I (6 weeks early with me, 3 with my sister).  I'm not going to count on it, but you just never know...

Our official due date is exactly two months from tomorrow!  Woo hoo!  And I can't decide if the last little bit will go fast or slow.  As of today, there are only 10 more days in this school year.  Yay!  After that, I have no plans other than to plop my butt on the couch.  Which could make time tick by.  (Maybe a little pool time, too.  Oh, and working on long-term sub plans...)

As for pregnancy updates, mostly the same old.  I can definitely tell the baby is growing and his space is becoming limited.  It's almost like someone is squeezing my ribs together.  Things feel more cramped, but I can't exactly explain the feeling.

At our sonogram appointment yesterday, he was measuring around 4 pounds and 1 ounce.  I think that's pretty typical, but I didn't get his percentile.

I'm still feeling great!  I might get tired a little easier and my back hurts a little, but I can't complain.  I'm not swollen at all...thank goodness.
 

How Far Along: 31 Weeks

Size of Baby:
A pineapple (~15.2 to 16.7 inches long and ~2.5 to 3.8 pounds...this can't be correct...it has been the same for the past 3 weeks!)

What's Happening (according to thebump.com):
Baby's five senses are fully developed and his eyes are now reacting to light!

Cravings:
Nothing

Movement:
The movement continues!  And I can still feel body parts when I push back on my stomach!  So weird!!!

Sleep:
Sleeping so well that I didn't even heard my alarm the past two mornings...whoops!  Good thing my body automatically wakes up, even if it was 30 minutes later than normal!

Clothing:
Yesterday, I wore a pair of pre-pregnancy capri pants (with Bella Band, of course)!  I can't believe that's still possible at 31 weeks!  Thank you, mom, for the great genes!  Mostly just wearing skirts, dresses, and my gray maternity capris.  I feel like I rotate through the same few outfits...I try to mix and match tops and bottoms and pair outfits with different accessories so they all look different. :)

Other Pregnancy Symptoms:
I have no idea if this is pregnancy-related, but I'd like to think so!  Last week, my heels started hurting and I noticed they were cracking.  By Friday, they hurt so bad, it was painful to walk!  I got a pedicure and the technician advised I not wear open-toe shoes for a few weeks while they healed.  Haha, yeah right!  Instead, I slathered on Neosporin and have used lotion on them every day.  The cracks are still there, but healing.  They feel much better and I can at least walk without limping now!  My mom thinks maybe my feel are swelling a bit and that's why they cracked...who knows!

Other symptoms are still the same: acid reflux now and then, Braxton Hicks contractions every day, and leg cramps occasionally at night.

Here's my 31-week baby bump!




No comments:

Post a Comment